If you’re looking for things to do in Chicago, you’ve come to the right place! From museums and art galleries to parks and beaches, there’s something for everyone in this great city. And if you’re a fan of food, you’ll definitely want to check out some of the best restaurants in Chicago.
What are the must-see attractions in Chicago?
There’s no shortage of things to do in Chicago, but if you’re looking for the must-see attractions, here’s our list:
- Navy Pier – is a 3,300-foot-long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is one of the most visited attractions in the Midwest, with over eight million visitors each year.
- Millennium Park – is a public park located in the Loop community area of Chicago. The park is home to the Bean, Cloud Gate, an outdoor concert venue, and various other public art installations.
- The Art Institute of Chicago – is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the United States. It is home to a collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings, as well as works by artists from across the globe.
- Willis Tower – is a 110-story skyscraper in Chicago’s Loop community area. It is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and has been named one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Buckingham Fountain – is a large fountain located in Chicago’s Grant Park. The fountain is one of the city’s most popular attractions, with over one million visitors each year.
The best Chicago food experiences
There are plenty of great places to eat in Chicago, but if you want to really experience the best that the city has to offer, then you need to check out some of the following foodie hotspots. From deep dish pizza and hot dogs, to fine dining and everything in between, there is something for everyone in Chicago.
Deep Dish Pizza: No trip to Chicago would be complete without indulging in a slice (or two) of deep dish pizza. This iconic dish is thought to have originated at Pizzeria Uno in 1943, and has since become one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. If you’re looking for a truly authentic deep dish experience, then this is the place to go.
Fine Dining: Chicago is home to some of the best restaurants in the country, so if you’re looking for a truly luxurious dining experience, then this is the place to be. From Michelin-starred establishments to more casual eateries, there’s something for everyone in Chicago.
Food Tours: If you want to really experience the best of Chicago’s food scene, then you should consider taking a food tour. These tours will take you to some of the best restaurants in the city, as well as provide you with plenty of information about the history and culture of Chicago’s food.
What to do in Chicago if you’re a first-time visitor?
If you’re visiting Chicago for the first time, there are a few must-see attractions that you shouldn’t miss. Start your trip by exploring the city’s world-famous skyline from one of the many observation decks, including the Willis Tower’s Skydeck and 360 Chicago. Then, head to Millennium Park to see iconic landmarks like The Bean and Cloud Gate. No trip to Chicago is complete without taking a ride on the Navy Pier Ferris wheel and enjoying a deep dish pizza from one of the city’s famous pizzerias. Finally, end your day with a stroll down the Magnificent Mile, one of the most famous shopping districts in the world.
There are plenty of things to do in Chicago, no matter what your interests are. With so many options, you’re sure to find something that appeals to you. So don’t wait – get out there and start exploring all the Windy City has to offer!