Today, Aug. 1, Bayern Munich is all set to confirm the signing of Germany international Jonas Hector for a fee of around €20 million. The deal should be completed within a day or two, and Hector will be arriving in Munich to take up his place in the team for the coming season.
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that young midfielder Jadon Sancho has completed a season-long loan move to Manchester City, and the player has wasted no time in making his mark. His first goal for the club on Sunday against Hoffenheim involved a bit of opportunism: Sancho drifted into the box before ghosting past his marker and chipping the ball over the onrushing goalkeeper.
As expected, Javi Martinez has joined Schalke over the weekend, marking the start of a new era at the German club. Bayern Munich had a number of offers on the table for the Spanish midfielder this summer but they were rejected, though the club was not throwing in the towel on the player, and he will be able to leave in 2017.. Read more about man utd transfer news and let us know what you think.
The summer transfer season is open now that Euro 2020 and the Copa America are finished, giving Europe’s top clubs the opportunity to make an impact in the market. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Man United is interested in signing Goretzka.
According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United is interested in signing Bayern Munich midfielder Leon Goretzka.
United have been considering a variety of major midfield targets in case Paul Pogba departs, and Goretzka is one of them, along with Saul Niguez of Atletico Madrid and Eduardo Camavinga of Rennes.
In what has been a fantastic summer in the transfer market so far, United have already acquired Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane to their roster for over £110 million.
The bad news for United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is that Goretzka is said to prefer staying in Germany and extending his contract beyond 2022 than moving to Old Trafford.
Since joining Bayern from Schalke in 2018, Goretzka has won ten trophies, including three Bundesliga championships and one Champions League.
Julian Nagelsmann is a newcomer to the Bayern Munich manager’s chair, but he believes he can convince the Germany international to remain at the Allianz Arena for the next several years.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – A viewer’s guide to the Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
09.15 BST: According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona is trying to get Lionel Messi back into the squad before the Joan Gamper trophy match on Sunday.
If Messi’s new contract with Barcelona had been signed and registered today, he would have returned to training with the Catalan giants. With 13 days before the start of La Liga, Barcelona has reached an agreement with Messi, but the contract has yet to be made public.
Messi is not expected to return to training until the new contract is finalized, according to sources. Messi, who helped Argentina win the Copa America, is on vacation in Ibiza with his family and buddy Luis Suarez.
When questioned about Messi’s condition, club president Joan Laporta recently reassured supporters, saying, “Everything is going as anticipated, and it’s developing properly.”
Barca is attempting to reduce its pay cost in order to sign Messi while staying inside the league’s salary limit. La Liga president Javier Tebas, on the other hand, maintains that no exceptions would be granted. He said, ” “I communicate with Barca about Messi and inquire about his progress. They say they’re hoping that a particular player will go or that another would remain and lower his pay. That is the only information I have, but we are not discussing changing the regulations so that Messi may remain at Barcelona.”
08.54 BST: According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona has given Ilaix Moriba an ultimatum to sign a new contract this week.
Last week, the young midfielder was left out of Barcelona’s team for a preseason trip in Germany. He has been relegated to the B-team because he has yet to sign a new contract with Barcelona, which expires next summer.
Barca is expecting a response from Ilaix’s representatives about the most recent offer, a better three-year contract, made to the player.
Moriba, who is 18 years old, has until Sunday to accept the offer or face being relegated to the reserves next season. After bursting onto Barcelona’s first-team scene towards the end of last season, scoring or assisting in each of his first three La Liga outings and appearing 18 times for Ronald Koeman’s side, the youngster has garnered the interest of many European teams.
08.30 BST: In case you missed it, Aston Villa has announced that Leon Bailey has agreed to join them from Bayer Leverkusen.
In the Bundesliga in 2020-21, the winger had a good season, scoring nine goals and assisting on nine others. Villa announced in a statement that he has reached a deal with Leverkusen, pending the completion of his physical and the finalization of personal conditions.
Craig Burley and Shaka Hislop provide their harsh opinions on a possible Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez trade.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Nick Judd)
– According to Sky Italia, Arsenal and Liverpool are fighting for midfielder Manuel Locatelli after Juventus failed to match Sassuolo’s £34 million demands. Arsenal have been monitoring the 23-year-old for more than a year, while Liverpool are looking for a successor for Gini Wijnaldum. Officials from Juventus and Sassuolo have met three times in an attempt to arrange a transfer, but no agreement has been reached.
– According to Sport, Barcelona is continuing to attempt to freshen up their roster, and it seems that defender Samuel Umtiti has decided to go on loan, despite the fact that he has said that he wants to play for a top club. The French defender has said that he wants to pick his next club, which is likely to be a Champions League club or a team capable of competing for trophies. The odds of the 27-year-old playing regularly at Camp Nou next season seem to be low.
– According to Sky Sports, West Ham United boss David Moyes is seeking to add defensive backup to his squad, and although Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma is on his radar, a deal for Fiorentina centre-back Nikola Milenkovic seems more probable. A offer for Zouma might cost West Ham £25 million plus his salary, while Milenkovic’s contract expires in one year, making the 23-year-old Serbia international the more cost-effective — and simpler — option.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, forward Joshua Zirkzee is on the brink of joining Anderlecht on loan from Bayern Munich. The deal is likely to be confirmed next week. Hellas Verona of Italy was also reported to be interested, but Vincent Kompany’s club has jumped ahead in the hunt for his signing. Negotiations between Anderlecht and Bayern are nearing completion, with a loan deal until June 2022 on the horizon.
Davinson – According to an interview with Sanchez’s agent, Nestor Villarreal, and Colombian radio station Caracol, Sanchez is in negotiations to transfer to Sevilla. Sanchez, 25, has slipped down the Tottenham Hotspur pecking order and, despite Toby Alderweireld’s departure, Sanchez seems eager to join Julen Lopetegui’s side. According to ESPN sources, the Spanish club is interested in signing the center defender as a possible replacement for Jules Kounde, who is in discussions with Chelsea. Meanwhile, Tottenham is chasing Atalanta centre-back Cristian Romero, a move that would obliterate Sanchez’s prospects.
– According to the Sun, Crystal Palace are seeking to acquire RB Leipzig winger Ademola Lookman on a season-long loan. Patrick Vieira, the club’s new manager, is seeking to bolster his squad, and Lookman is one of his objectives, but the 23-year-old is also drawing attention from Burnley and Watford. Leipzig are demanding a £3.5 million loan fee plus £50,000-per-week salaries, which, although excessive for the Clarets and Hornets, is within Vieira’s budget. Lookman had a good loan season with Fulham last season, appearing in 34 league games.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- leon goretzka
- man utd transfer news
- manchester united transfer
- saul niguez